In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
One valuable way to give ongoing support to Missionz is to include a bequest in your Will for the Pope’s Mission Societies. We understand your loved ones come first, but leaving a gift to support the work of missionaries can touch the lives of many and with life-changing effect for a very long time.
What Is a Bequest?
It is a gift of any kind set out in a Will. It is a simple but powerful way to provide support to the causes that have mattered most to you. It becomes effective only when your life’s journey reaches fulfilment and it has little or no impact on your present lifestyle.
What Does Your Gift Mean?
Your gift can be used in many ways to improve the lives of adults and children living in mission countries.
Your Gift Will:
- Contribute to the training of young seminarians, religious candidates, catechists and other lay leaders
- Build simple mission churches and pastoral centres
- Raise awareness and educate others about the vital work of missionaries
- Build health clinics for children
- Improve education opportunities for children
- Assist missionaries in their efforts to care for refugees and displaced persons
- Provide emergency aid in times of war or natural disaster
You May Prefer to Support One or All Three of the Pope’s Mission Societies
- Aiding Missionary Bishops through Propagation of the Faith
- Help leadership formation of young men and women through the Society of St Peter the Apostle
- Educate and care for children through the Association of Holy Childhood
There have been benefactors who have given bequest have requested to give to a specific project which later can be realised as a legacy. An example is a benefactor whose bequest was used to construct a home for orphans in Nong Bua Lamphu, Thailand. The home has been named after the benefactor, and the children and all who visit are requested to pray daily for the benefactor and her family. A plaque of appreciation has been placed at the doorway of the building and the small chapel with the name of the donor with word “Please remember our generous benefactor (name cited) in you prayers.”
Making a bequest to MISSIONZ can help to give real peace of mind. Through your gift you can reach out to those who need the help of missionaries.
Get in Touch with Us
In considering leaving a bequest and if you would like further information or if you have any queries, we are only a phone call away.