Society of the Propagation of the Faith enables missionaries to be more effective in their works of evangelisation. Spreading God’s Word throughout the world.
The Society of the Propagation of the Faith is an international association for the assistance by prayers and financial support to assist the missionary work of the Catholic Church.
The story told is that faith comes from hearing. Pauline Marie Jaricot was a believer with a simple heart.
Her faith initiated ripples of inspiration that produced tides of faith that affected and effected change. Be inspired by her story, just like the parable of the Master and the Mustard Seed. Small were its beginnings, but it has grown into a tree-like bush where many find their shelter. Read more of her story.
Today, the Pontifical Society of the Propagation of the Faith works to help realise the following:
- To form the People of God so that it may become aware of its worldwide missionary vocation.
- To inform Christians of the life and events of Catholic communities in developing countries;
- To labour for the increase of both spiritual and material assistance between churches, with particular attention to the exchange of apostolic personnel with a view to the evangelisation of the whole world;
- To promote missionary vocation ad gentes;
- To promote education for justice, especially among young people, that may lead to missionary service;
- To promote economic solidarity by appealing to the generosity of Christians and developing social justice and assistance programmes that cater to local needs of the community.
Learn More About the Propagation of the Faith
Short spot presenting one of the five Pontifical Mission Societies – the Propagation of the Faith. Footage comes from Zambia Easter ceremony of Holy Saturday. Takes were made during a missionary expedition in 2009. Fr Timothy Lehane, the Secretary General of the Propagation of the Faith until April 2014. This was recorded during the General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Rome in 2010.
A brief history of The Society For The Propagation of the Faith and the work we do all over the world. The Video was made by Missio Canada. The work they do is the work Missio – The Pontifical Mission Societies of the Propagation of the Faith do all over the world. MissioNZ also has the same task among the Kiwi population.
The Propagation of the Faith, the arm of Missio [The Pontifical Mission Society] reaches out to help train missionary priests and catechists to equip them well of their missionary task. This video clip that follows shows real situation in Indonesia, an Islamic country, yet sends out so many faith bearer missionaries to all parts of the world. Missionary work is well alive in Indonesia.